Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

May 25th, 2019 07:00

Dell Vostro 3568 Laptop Screen Flickering Fix

My laptop doesn't come under warranty anymore, and recently it has been having screen flickering issues, I've tried to rule out possibilities of a motherboard malfunction since I pluged it into an external display and the flickering never appeared there, and I also ran the Dell SupportAssist program stress test to figure out if there was any hardware issue. But nothing showed up. I then took it to a local computer repair shop because I didn't know how much the dell service center would charge me, and after taking it to the computer repair shop the problem still hasn't been fixed, the man there said that the only other thing to do would be to replace the motherboard, but I want to rule out all possibilities first. Can anyone help?

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Welcome to the Dell Community  @SapphiraBeth 

Did they replace the LCD panel???

You could also try a "Flex Test"

While the laptop is booted and the screen is on.

Grab the display at the upper left and right corners.

Then push one side forward and the other side backwards about 1/2" to 1"

Repeat back and forth. "Flex Test"

Post any changes in the display.

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

@SapphiraBeth 

85% of the time it is the LCD panel.

10% of the time it is the LCD cable.

5% of the time "or less" it is the system.

Does it flash off then back on???

If it does "Flash Off" is there a faint image in the background but no brightness??

Does it flash with "Lines or Columns"???

Regards,

U2

I just tried it but nothing happened. I have a gut feeling that it's the display cable, but I don't know how to find out. That and I really don't want to spend $200 something to replace the motherboard

May 25th, 2019 08:00

But I used the inbuilt test while booting up the system to check for it nothing showed up, that and the technician i went to checked the LCD panel he said it wasn't working.

It sort of turns black for a couple of milliseconds, not enough to make the screen unusable but enough to make you worry. It glitches quite a bit horizontally, but if it gets bad it will include columns and lines.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

@SapphiraBeth 

The LCD panel !!!

With those symptoms the first thing my tech's would do is replace the LCD panel!!

It would fix the problem 99% of the time.

We replace 50+ LCD's every month with the same symptoms.

Regards,

U2

oh and i failed to add the fact that I tried to open up the laptop, but i didn't really touch anything, and it went as well as i'd have expected it to, and i don't know if that could be one of the problems

1 Message

March 4th, 2020 07:00

I had the gray line problem on my Vostro 3750 after upgrading to Windows 10.  I tried update drivers, etc.  The fix that finally worked is when I changed the monitor refresh rate from 60 to 40 Hertz  Hope it works for you, too.

Click settings > system > display > Advance display settings >  Display adapter properties for Display 1 > 

Click the Monitor tab > Set Screen refresh rate to 40 Hertz > OK

No Events found!