Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2020 05:00

Dell vostro 3578 startup issue

My Dell Vostro 3578 has some startup issue. When I press the power button only caps lock led is blinking (only blink one time) then it turned off. It repeats for 3-4 times then my laptop start and works well.  The problem is only with the startup.
Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks in advance

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

September 9th, 2020 09:00

At minimum, be sure you keep backups going forward - eventually the system likely won't power up.  It sounds like an internal power problem -- meaning a replacement system board is in the future.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

This is usually a memory issue.

Unplug the system, remove the base cover and disconnect the battery from the system board.  Hold the power button 30 sec.

Remove and reinstall the memory module(s).

Reconnect the battery and try powering up again.

3 Posts

@ejn63, thank you so much for your instant reply

I have tried it, both bettery removal, RAM removal and one more thing like I have remove the bettery and then connect the charger but it gives the same issue, then I insert the bettery and remove the charger but still the same issue came.

Thanks for your support

3 Posts

September 9th, 2020 19:00

Hi, @ejn63 

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried ePSA and it shows the battery issue that battery life is over. Even I have bought it only two years ago. But I wonder, when I remove the battery and plugin the charger only, even then the issue was the same.

Thanks

No Events found!