Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

4 Posts

April 5th, 2020 04:00

Missing TPM device

hey guys,

i have Dell Vostro 5568 laptop for a few years now, recently i downloaded and installed some dell drivers including some intel drivers.

now whenever i turn on my computer i got error msg saying "Missing TPM device" after i press continue everything seems to be normal.

how i can get rid of this error msg and fix this issue?

5.6K Posts

April 5th, 2020 08:00

Try Googling Dell missing TPM device.

4 Posts

April 5th, 2020 23:00

did it already, didnt find any solution.

300 Posts

April 10th, 2020 15:00

Hello,

What does dell support have to say?

1 Message

April 11th, 2020 05:00

Hello,

I also have the same problem in my Vostro 15 5568:

Guaranty finished on Dec/19

Error was suddently reported on march 23 2020 without any Dell SW upgrade done (only Windows 10 Home automatic updates)

No TPM nor PTT option is now o BIOS (I don't know if it was previously).

No TPM device present if tpm.msc runned in Windows

No TPM device present in devide administrator in Windows (neither under security nor system)

I tryed the showed trick by someone of shutdown>unplug power cord>wait 30 secs>power on without clear success, I explain: it looks like the trick is related to some strange behaviour related to the BIOS Dell Suppor Assist SW. If the boot process bypas Support Assist, there is no TPM warning: for example if you boot by

Power on>F12>UEFI Boot>Windows Boot Manager

Then, the system boot correctly without the TPM warning

I hope some Dell staff member could help us:

- Should it be due to some Dell Support Assist upgrade or bug?

- Does the Dell Vostro 15 5568 was originaly shipped with or without TPM?

Regards,

4 Posts

April 11th, 2020 13:00

so after reading a lot online, as far as i know our laptop came without TPM device.

once we upgraded our BIOS this message came, the new BIOS check if there is TPM on the system but there is a lot of computers without TPM at all!

i tried to downgrade the BIOS with no success (versions not supported)

i think we need to wait for DELL to release BIOS update/repair for this

4 Posts

April 11th, 2020 13:00

they haven't reach me yet.

5 Posts

July 15th, 2020 23:00

same notebook and same problem

7 Posts

March 1st, 2021 00:00

Hi. You can recover the old bios version by:

- power off and disconnect AC

- press and hold Ctrl-Esc

- connect AC

- release keys

Recovery tool come up and you can revert to previous bios version.

It solved for me.

December 29th, 2021 11:00

Screenshot (1).png

December 29th, 2021 11:00

if you see in dell vostro 5568 owner's manual you will see everything about tpm that means notebook is shipped with tpm. acutually i am also facing this problem and downgrading the BIOS does not work for me.

January 17th, 2022 08:00

Did you find any solution?

It's 2022 and Dell can't fix that on the BIOS ...

1 Message

January 18th, 2022 03:00

Same issue on 5568 here occured last week, warranty ends at next 10 days. DELL is ready to replace MLB under warranty. So i don't think about any bios update / fix from DELL, there notebooks are marked as EOL devices.  This issue comes with some Windows update :(. 

3 Posts

January 18th, 2022 22:00

Hey guys,

I was dealing with the same issue since that Bios update (urgent one) from Dell which messed up my Vostro 5568.

Was living with that TPM missing screen...Last week came across this YouTube video which claimed to resole it by providing us various files to roll back to the older BIOS.

Was not sure about it but decided to test it out... Yes it did fix the issue by Rolling the bios back to 1.8.0

Note: Disable UEFI Bios and firmware updates through BIOS or else the system will update it taking us back to where we started....

Here is the link to that video.... https://youtu.be/eqdRcBu-uTo 

its a channel named - ToanPhuong

You can also search on Youtube - 'ToanPhuong TPM device not detected' 

Hope this helps

1 Message

February 4th, 2022 05:00

There was no problem with downgrading the BIOS?

From Dell tech info:

„Once the BIOS is upgraded, you cannot downgrade the BIOS EXE/Recovery (RCV) to versions earlier than 1.13.2, due to restrictions. BIOS downgrades are restricted when there are security updates and important fixes with earlier versions that impact the functionality of the system.”

My 5568 BIOS version is 1.18.0

6 Posts

March 30th, 2023 01:00

Any successes here? I'm in the same boat as you guys, and I'm really annoyed. 

No Events found!