2 Bronze

Vostro 14 3468 keyboard issue

i am facing keyboard issue.

most of time it skipped the letters when i am typing fast.

local dell support changed keyboard once and now saying there is no problem in keyboard.

but thing is i have to type really slow so that it can process typing.

anyone having this issue?

sometimes i have to press it 10 time to get particular letter input

6 Replies
1 Copper

Re: Vostro 14 3468 keyboard issue

I have the same issue after updating Bios

I also posted a question but no one replied ("https://www.dell.com/community/Vostro/Vostor-143468-mostly-don-t-register-key-not-keyboard-issue/m-p...")

When we put anything under one side of the laptop,means if we lift up the laptop from one side only the keys will not miss,Key works on the second press if we press hold backspace or any other key and hit the laptop,you will see that backspace,key well stop working after slapping on the side of touch pad.

My touch pad also does not work in bios

0 Kudos
1 Copper

same issue with my vostro 14 3468
0 Kudos
2 Bronze

As per dell guy this is software issue.means any software installed on my laptop causing this.i really regret buying this laptop with no proper support.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Same problem here. My keyboard has been replaced once and it worked okay for a while but now it's back to intermittently not registering keystrokes.

Dell support wants to replace the keyboard again. 

0 Kudos
1 Copper

I am using Dell Vostro 3468 too and having the same issue since Nov 2017. The support guy even replaced the motherboard but it persisted after 6 months. I'm about to buy from another brand

0 Kudos
1 Copper

I am also having the same issue with my Dell Vostro 14 3468 for the last three years since the laptop was brand new. It has been really a nuisance using the dell on-board keyboard because I have to hit the same key several times to notice its effect on the screen. I cannot type normally on my Dell laptop. I have to keep one eye on the specific key and the other key on the screen to see the effect of the repeated keystrokes. I feel much better using my seven year old vaio laptop but this Dell laptop....I have changed its keyboard also. Since the issue was persisting I reinstalled the genuine dell keyboard since the cause of the problem does not seem to be from keyboard mechanics itself. I have typed this paragraph using a logitech wireless keyboard because it is impossible to type these many characters in a single day on the dell laptop keyboard.

0 Kudos