Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

February 15th, 2022 00:00

Wifi option is not showing

The wifi option is not showing. I checked the device manager for my wireless network adapter. But the network adapter is missing. Now I'm accessing the internet via ethernet. Can anyone help me? 

Previous logs:

No windows updates have been done before this problem. But I have given my laptop for repair (my power button was damaged). Just after the repair, the wifi option goes missing.

more information:

• I'm using dell vostro 3558,
  • Running windows 10 pro 
  • Version: 10.0.19044 build 19044
  • bios version/date: Dell Inc. A01, 2/9/2015
  • SMBIOS version: 2.8

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

February 15th, 2022 06:00

Can you physically verify existence of the wifi card?

February 15th, 2022 08:00

You just bought the device or you had it some time and problem occurred now? If it's new - wifi is broken or it doesn't exist as @up said.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

February 15th, 2022 08:00

@nyc10036 is spot on. Open the system and verify that the WiFi card is in fact installed. If the WiFi worked properly before the repairs, it is possible it was removed and mistakenly not reinstalled. This might happen if they removed or replaced the MB.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

February 15th, 2022 09:00

@ddouglas86 wrote:

You just bought the device or you had it some time and problem occurred now? If it's new - wifi is broken or it doesn't exist as @up said.

Did you even read his post?  It was sent in for repair.

11 Posts

February 21st, 2022 21:00

@diluc07 wrote:  IndigoCard

The wifi option is not showing. I checked the device manager for my wireless network adapter. But the network adapter is missing. Now I'm accessing the internet via ethernet. Can anyone help me? 

Previous logs:

No windows updates have been done before this problem. But I have given my laptop for repair (my power button was damaged). Just after the repair, the wifi option goes missing.

more information:

• I'm using dell vostro 3558,
  • Running windows 10 pro 
  • Version: 10.0.19044 build 19044
  • bios version/date: Dell Inc. A01, 2/9/2015
  • SMBIOS version: 2.8

Open the system and verify that the WiFi card is in fact installed or not.

March 6th, 2022 14:00

@nyc10036 wrote:

@ddouglas86 wrote:

cornerstone 

Did you even read his post?  It was sent in for repair.

So what is the problem, OP have to sent it again and they have to give new device.

No Events found!