Z

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 26th, 2019 06:00

black screen but pc running

Hello, 

Hope that you are doing fine.

I have a dell vostro for over 10 years; four days ago i spilled juice on it, before turning it off, it went down alone, i unplugged it from charge, wiped what i could and then disassembled the laptop to wipe the rest of the spilled juice. I let it rest for a while and then tried to turn it on, it went on, i could hear the noise, but the screen is black, i retried, same problem

I tried fn+power button but the max i could get is the screen stuck on the dell logo and nothing more

Please i need hepl, i don't know what to do and i need my laptop, all of my work is in it

Is there anything i can do to repair it by my own, knowing that i did it many times but i'm lost here.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

March 26th, 2019 08:00

@zineub wrote:

Hello, 

Hope that you are doing fine.

I have a dell vostro for over 10 years; four days ago i spilled juice on it, before turning it off, it went down alone, i unplugged it from charge, wiped what i could and then disassembled the laptop to wipe the rest of the spilled juice. I let it rest for a while and then tried to turn it on, it went on, i could hear the noise, but the screen is black, i retried, same problem

I tried fn+power button but the max i could get is the screen stuck on the dell logo and nothing more

Please i need hepl, i don't know what to do and i need my laptop, all of my work is in it

Is there anything i can do to repair it by my own, knowing that i did it many times but i'm lost here.

Your motherboard circuitry shorted out from the liquid.

Remove your hard drive.

Connect it up using a USB-SATA hard drive to another PC to get your files.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 26th, 2019 11:00

Ok thank you so much i'll do it

But is there any chance i can repair the laptop? Is replacing the motherboard going to help?

No Events found!