Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2017 12:00

Dell Command | Power Manager - not able to install on Dell Precision M6700 (Windows 10 pro 64bit)

Hello,

I'm not able to install Dell Command | Power Manager on Dell Precision m6700.

I tried to install driver below (as well as other version) but without success:

System-Utilities_Application_8MJFN_WN64_2.2.1_A00

https://www.dell.com/support/home/pl/pl/pldhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=3N7TV

I the description you may find that Windows 10 64bit and Dell Precision M6700 is supported.

The errors is following: "The application is not supported on your system. Abording installation. Error: 25025 ".

@Dell_Support - could you please fix it?

Best regards,

Johnny

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2017 10:00

After installing latest BIOS,

Update the Chipset and Video drivers, and System Utilities (Power Command | Power Manager) in correct order:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

The latest Power Command | Power Manager  (Dell Product Support page  - Precision M6700):

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest updating the System Setup (BIOS). Please watch Dell video in the link below to safety installed latest BIOS version.

How to Update BIOS (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2017 12:00

Thanks for replay,

I have updated BIOS to newest version (A18) and installed all drivers (dell update says that all is up to date) and I still can not install Dell Power Manager.

I get still the same error ( "The application is not supported on your system. Abording installation. Error: 25025 ").

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2017 13:00

You tried to installed Dell Command | Power Manger version 2.1.0, A00 from your link above ? If yes, try to install the latest Dell Command Power Manager (Version: 2.2.1 ,A00) in link below.

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2017 14:00

I tried many versions and of course all that you suggested but sadly none of them works.

In version 2.2.1 it is clearly stated that M6700 is compatible.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2017 08:00

If none of the steps work:

3. Run System File Checker command:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10

4. Download the free version of CCleaner. You can then run cleaner and registry utilities.

Piriform - Official Site

Or run the disk cleanup tool on the system:

Disk cleanup in Windows 10 - support.microsoft.com

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2017 08:00

Please check if Dell Command | Power Manager is already preinstalled on the system. Right click the battery icon at bottom of taskbar, hopefully you'll see Dell Power Manager. If you don't see it, try each suggestions listed below:

1. Installing drivers through windows updates - Type Setting onto the [Cortana] search box, click Update & Security, select Check For Updates. If there're updates, select Restart Now. Do the process over and over until latest windows updates are installed. The Fall Creator update is the latest. After, try downloading Power Manager again. 

Get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

2. Try downloading / installing Dell Power Manager in a different browser or safe mode with networking. If Java or McAfee are on the system, I suggest you temporary disable them.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 - Windows Help

1 Message

July 27th, 2018 15:00

Was this ever resolved?  And if so, how?

I have the same issue on a Latitude E5570 w/ Win7 x64

1 Message

February 14th, 2019 04:00

The same with Precision M4700 :(

No Events found!