Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2015 04:00

Dell Latitude E4310

Hi there,

I just purchased a Dell Latitude E4310 and have installed Windows 10 on it. Sadly i a just discovered that Dell doesn't support windows 10 Drivers for this Laptop. 

This is actually frustrating as i had the option of going with a HP but chose DELL for superiority.

Will Drivers for Windows 10 (HD Graphics , Audio etc) for this make of Laptop be available & how soon or not so i can go for other options that allow the full functionalities and resource for Windows 10.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 7th, 2015 05:00

Alexbigfox,

Unfortunately, I have no information if Dell will be creating Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

4 Posts

October 7th, 2015 06:00

Hello

Please i would  be grateful if you could link me to the appropriate parties .. I really love this laptop and am willing to wait if i have a guarantee that the drivers would be created.

Best Regards

• 

16.7K Posts

October 7th, 2015 11:00

Alexbigfox,

Dell will not be creating any Windows 10 drivers for this system.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2015 02:00

Ouch.

Ok thanks

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 8th, 2015 03:00

It will likely work with Windows 10 anyway. I have far older models working with Windows 10 and also a Latitude E5510 which is of the same vintage working without issues. Windows 10 has a wide driver base inbuilt and obtains most drivers particularly Intel drivers direct from Windows Update.

For best results ensure your BIOS is up to date before attempting the Windows 10 Upgrade:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/latitude-e4310.html

Ensure that you have created Windows 7 Recovery Media with Dell Backup and Recovery. Follow the steps here to upgrade using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/upgrading-to-windows-10/

4 Posts

October 9th, 2015 06:00

Hello Nata,

Thanks for your response. Im actually looking at improving the sound and video quality of my laptop. With Windows 7 it was awesome. Crisp and clear. Now after the upgrdae. Its just a shadow of its self.

Any way you can assist ? 

1 Message

April 30th, 2016 15:00

Other than the accel driver, everything else appears to work.  

No Events found!