Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2017 21:00

Dell Latitude E6410 Windows 10 Pro

Ive recently purchased a latitude e6410 running on windows 10 pro and bios a10 and i need help updating the intel hd graphics driver and advice for whats safe to update as ive seen bios a17, a11 and p09 available on the dell website but am unsure to download. Ive tried updating intel drivers through the intel update utility and it just fails.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 30th, 2017 13:00

Dell customizes the Intel drivers and other drivers and you must get any updates from Dell, not Intel. Be glad the wrong update did not work. Go to Dell Support to see if there are any updates for your specific model. Installing the wrong drivers will cause problems. Note the warnings on the Intel page to get drivers from the computer manufacturer.

367 Posts

July 5th, 2017 17:00

This page might have what you need:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

Install the latest version from here if there is no update here then there is no later version.(windows 7 drivers usually work fine with windows 10)

2 Posts

January 31st, 2018 05:00

I know this post is old, but at my job I reimaged the E6410 to Windows 10 to find out there is no available graphics driver for the i5-520m in that model, so I had to use an external display to see the screen. After searching for quite some time, I guess I could never type the right sentence into google as it was literally the second link.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=5VH5N

The video driver on that page is what allowed me to use the E6410 with Windows 10 on the laptops native display. I hope this helps anyone who may be looking in the future. The latest Intel driver and Dell driver for the service code both fail to work.

1 Message

March 10th, 2018 14:00

Dude, I don't know from where or how you found those but YOU SAVED ME!!!
Was going to send it for faulty screen... but it works with these drivers on Win10!
!!!THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

2 Posts

November 14th, 2018 14:00

You are blessed guy. Thank you cause you finally saved me

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 19:00

perfect , great, thank you very much

1 Message

July 12th, 2022 17:00

I been fighting with this laptop three days now...making preloaded isos, unatended installs, entering safe mode tens of times and ....nothing..until i found your answer to that! THANKYOU VERY MUCH! Greetings fron Honduras mY friend, an againg, thanks!

No Events found!