Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 00:00

Dell inspiron 5759 Cursor lag

HI I just bought  a dell Touchscreen inspiron 5759 and the cursor keeps jumping around the screen and freezes and lots of time have to click 5 or 6 time on a task box to get it to open or close.. and lots of time a task box will show up near the cursor and have to click in it several times to get it to close

any clues how to fix this??

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 30th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly confirm if this happens predominantly when the AC Adapter is plugged in .

Also update the BIOS on the system ,Remove the touchpad drivers and reinstall the same .

Please calibrate the touch input update firmware for the LCD consider to decrease the sensitivity and speed

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Thanks

Robin

11 Posts

June 30th, 2016 12:00

HI Robin sorry i dont know how to sent private message but this is what i have done so far

Went to download Dell Detect and the system WONT install it, says verifying launch and Nothing happens.. then i went to dell to do a quick scan and it just keeps showing working but NEVER shows any results seems the Dell detect is NOT installed

I also downloaded the NEW bios and Video update oer the website for my dell  seems this problem get worse as i use the laptop and its on for a while,, The cursor freezees and the task box that shows properies keeps showing up next to the cursor and sometimes cant get it remove from screen even after keep clicking on it

if i use the touchscreen seems everhthing working good, just when i try to use the cursor. even if i try to close a box i have to click the X serveral times before it will close

here is my information

Service Tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy> | Express Service Code:  Express service code removed per privacy policy>

Email id removed per privacy policy> and Laptop information is

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Try and update the latest drivers from the Dell website.

We would also ask you to run diagnostics on the system to check if its a hardware problem.

Add me to you list by clicking on my username and then you will be able to private message the details.

Thanks

Robin

11 Posts

July 1st, 2016 13:00

hi robin

i went to dell website and downloaded all Updated software that was suggested for my laptop after putting in the service tag number. still the problem with the cursor. everything i use the touch screen works with no problems, only the cursor keeps freezing,. jumping around the screen, the properties task box keeps showing up next to cursor and have to click on it several times to make it close, also lots of time i have to click 4 to 6 times on a icon or close box X to get it to close. Please help other then that everything else is working great

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 4th, 2016 08:00

Hi Kevin,

Kindly check if the same issue happens when you are in safe mode .

Thanks

Robin

11 Posts

July 5th, 2016 12:00

hi robin

yes still does it in safe mode but not as bad, i did hook up a wired mouse to laptop and it DOESNT do the problems so im assuming the problem is the percision touchpad or software for touchpad, i dont see anywhere on website to check or redownload software for touchpad, and under device manager the touchpad isnt even listeed?? please advise

11 Posts

July 5th, 2016 12:00

also CANT even get dell detect to download, either with icon provided with laptop OR on dell webite it showing downloading then does nothing when i try to run diagnostics

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 6th, 2016 08:00

Hi kevin,

Thank you for your reply .

Kindly click on the link below which will give you options to download the touchpad drivers.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Also private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!