Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

February 17th, 2016 06:00

Frequent encounters with blue screens on Windows 10 due to Dell's Support Assist application

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R 5421, upgraded to Windows 10 SL. Recently, a lot of blue screens are occurring on my laptop.

I have observed that it happens every time when Dell's Support Assist application starts running in background or when I run it manually.

The error is always: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Is there any solution to fix this?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 18th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below :

1. If Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 fails to start correctly you will have to choose the “See advanced repair options”.
  2. In the window that shows next left click or tap on the “Troubleshoot” feature.
  3. In the “Troubleshoot” window left click or tap on the “Advanced Options”
  4. In the “Advanced Options” window left click or tap on the “Startup Settings” feature.
  5. Left click or tap on the “Restart” button situated in the lower right side of the screen.
  6. Now your operating system should boot with the minimum system requirements.
  7. If the system started you will need to move the mouse over to the upper right side of the window.
  8. Left click or tap on the “Search” feature situated in the menu that appeared.
  9. In the search box write the following: “cmd” without the quotes.
  10. Right click on the “Command Prompt” icon.
  11. Left click or tap on the “Run as Administrator” feature.
  12. Now you should have the command prompt window with administrative rights in front of you.
  13. Write the following in the command prompt window: “sfc /scannow” without the quotes.
  14. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  15. Let the process finish and write the following in the command prompt: “Exit”.
  16. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  17. Move the mouse cursor again over to the upper right side of the screen.
  18. From the Charms menu go down and left click or tap on the “Search” feature.
  19. In the search box write the following: “memory” without the quotes.
  20. After the search has finished left click or tap on the “Diagnose your computer’s memory problems”.
  21. Left click or tap on the “Restart now and check for problems” feature.
  22. Now after the reboot of the operating system it will automatically check your RAM memory and display the possible reasons as why you get the Blue Screen error message in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
  23. Reboot the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system normally.
  24. Check to see if it still gives you the BSOD message.

Please help us know if this helps.

Thanks

Robin

5 Posts

February 18th, 2016 06:00

Thanks for replying.

My system has recovered every time from BSOD successfully, and it has always worked fine but since the past 2-3 weeks, I see BSOD every other day, and it only happens, as I wrote earlier, only when SupportAssist starts running, either automatically in the background, or when I run it manually.

Do I still need to follow these mentioned steps?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 04:00

Hi,

In that case open Msconfig and remove Support assist from the start and restart the system and then check .

If it still continues kindly follow the steps mentioned above.

Thanks

Robin

5 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 10:00

Hi Robin,

I've disabled SupportAssist service using msconfig, as you suggested. Since BSOD appears every day or every other day (it occurred today too), it'll take some time for me to conclude if the problem still persists or not.

Thanks.

5 Posts

February 25th, 2016 06:00

Hi Robin,

Since, I'm not facing that BSOD issue from the past 2 days, I can confirm that it has been resolved by your suggestion. Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Palash

No Events found!