Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2016 08:00

Latitude E6410 BIOS

I purchased a used Latitude E6410 which is running Windows 10 Pro on a legacy boot, because I couldn't get the computer to install Windows 10 Pro using UEFI.  The BIOS is showing version X35, which doesn't appear to be the right BIOS for this computer (A16 being the most recent BIOS in Dell Support).  Should I try to flash the BIOS to A16?  Obviously, the last thing I want to do is turn a working computer into a dead brick.

Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We see that the system mention ( latitude 6410 ) is not tested to run windows 10 operating system. We would request you to install windows 7 as thats the last tested operating system for this system.The reason we are asking you to downgrade the version of windows as you will not find the correct drivers and updates will not meet the minimum system requirements.

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

November 8th, 2016 08:00

Ok.  I can downgrade Windows.  What should I do about the X35 BIOS?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 9th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Since this is the ubuntu BIOS Kindly let us know the operating system the system was shipped with.

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

November 9th, 2016 10:00

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  According to Dell Support, the computer was originally shipped with Windows 7 Pro.  It has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and is running fine with the X35 BIOS.  I know you wanted me to go back to Windows 7, but I hate to downgrade the operating system, since it is working fine and, at some point, Microsoft is going to stop supporting Windows 7.  Can I just update the BIOS to A16, which is the most current BIOS, or will I run into problems either updating the BIOS or running Windows 10 with the A16 BIOS?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 10th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Upgrading the BIOS to run the supported version of windows should not give you issues,however it might cause a conflict with a not tested version of windows.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!