Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2020 07:00

Nvlddmkm.sys Blue Screen of Death error

I am encountering a strange bug (?) when using GPU-Z.

I came to notice this problem when installing my brand new Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, which was equipped with a full cover water block by me. The system threw BSODs with reference to Nvidia every few minutes which made me thought i broke the card while changig it to water cooling.

But this is not the case.

The problem seems to be the running GPU-Z application in the background. As soon as GPU-Z is opened and minimized, the system will freeze with a BSOD (nvlddmkm.sys) within minutes. This only happens if the system is in idle-state (reading Word-Documents, browsing with Chrome) and the card is clocking down to clock rates below 200 Mhz for idle operation. If a 3D-application is launched, the problem disappears, no matter how long the application is running.

5 Posts

February 10th, 2020 08:00

I see, 

Have you tried this: https://winerrorfixer.com/nvlddmkm-sys/ run in the safe mode, delete old drivers and depending on where you got the last drivers from, get them from the opposite.

3 Posts

My system is on stock speeds (no OC) and the Windows-installation is as good as new (1 week old).

Specs: i9 7900X, 32GB DDR4-3200, MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK, GTX 1080 Ti, Windows 10 x64.

5 Posts

What's your system specification?

3 Posts

February 10th, 2020 08:00

Sure, I will try this.

No Events found!