carnall
1 Copper

Nvlddmkm.sys Blue Screen of Death error

Jump to solution

I am encountering a strange bug (?) when using GPU-Z.

I came to notice this problem when installing my brand new Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, which was equipped with a full cover water block by me. The system threw BSODs with reference to Nvidia every few minutes which made me thought i broke the card while changig it to water cooling.

But this is not the case.

The problem seems to be the running GPU-Z application in the background. As soon as GPU-Z is opened and minimized, the system will freeze with a BSOD (nvlddmkm.sys) within minutes. This only happens if the system is in idle-state (reading Word-Documents, browsing with Chrome) and the card is clocking down to clock rates below 200 Mhz for idle operation. If a 3D-application is launched, the problem disappears, no matter how long the application is running.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surnme
1 Copper

Re: Nvlddmkm.sys Blue Screen of Death error

Jump to solution

I see, 

Have you tried this: https://winerrorfixer.com/nvlddmkm-sys/ run in the safe mode, delete old drivers and depending on where you got the last drivers from, get them from the opposite.

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Surnme
1 Copper

Jump to solution

What's your system specification?

Highlighted
carnall
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My system is on stock speeds (no OC) and the Windows-installation is as good as new (1 week old).

Specs: i9 7900X, 32GB DDR4-3200, MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK, GTX 1080 Ti, Windows 10 x64.

Highlighted
Surnme
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I see, 

Have you tried this: https://winerrorfixer.com/nvlddmkm-sys/ run in the safe mode, delete old drivers and depending on where you got the last drivers from, get them from the opposite.

View solution in original post

(1)
Highlighted
carnall
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sure, I will try this.