Marconi7
1 Copper

Re: [Solved] Laptop won't shutdown completely in Windows 10

I unchecked "Turn on fast startup" in power settings.

0 Kudos
Ende4712
1 Copper

The Real Solution is to get set back the CMOS Settings at the BIOS, by removing the CMOS Batterie, the Batterie of the Laptop and their Power cable. Wait 5 minutes so CMOS gets discharged and then start up again the Laptop. At least it worked on a Precision Dell 7730.

0 Kudos
Jezzer1
1 Copper

Dell E6410 - upgraded from W7 to W10

I notice that there are quite a few drivers no longer made for W10.

Mostly everything updated - Up to the latest (available) Bios for this model A17

All the latest Windows and Dell updates.

NO Intel Management software to remove...
Disk has an MBR
Tried all the variants round Fast start, changing the power settings..

Nothing has worked...

I can only shut down to the restart point, and hold down the power key till I kill the process entirely..

(After having read each post over the 18 pages on this subject, I'm giving up the will to live...)
Any suggestions would be gladly accepted... except the ones above!!

0 Kudos
IceTBoy
2 Bronze

Worked like a charm thank you!

Used the EaseUS method and changed to MBR and set BIOS on last boot to Legacy.

Regards

0 Kudos
Hideawayrob
1 Copper

No downgrade available at this link any more, any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
LhPham
1 Copper

I have tried everything suggested to date ... nothing works.  I have the latest BIOS and the updated Windows 10!  Shutdown is still a problem.  Waking from sleep or hibernate still is a problem without a hard reboot (holding down the power button for the hard reset).  Is Dell watching/reading this? I have had great luck with my Dell desktop in the past, but this 7370 issue does not sit well with me and Dell was wondering why I shy away from purchasing thousands of Dell laptops for my company!  This is frustrating!

0 Kudos
dalexro
2 Bronze

If the Intel downgrade didn't work for you, let me tell you the real solution. I was so close to throw this Dell garbage out through the window.

Go to Sounds from speakers in taskbar, Speaker/Headphones - REALTEK GARBAGE, then Properties -> Advanced - uncheck the checkboxes and change to 16 bits 48k for added benefit of sound not popping. Your laptop will shutdown on battery and turn on normally.

I hope people read this before they buy a new motherboard like some already did. 

0 Kudos