Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 27th, 2018 19:00

SupportAssist issue.

SupportAssist became inoperative in a Windows 10 Insider build and I couldn't get it updated so I removed the program from my computer, making certain to delete all files related to SupportAssist. Now when I try to reinstall the latest version the installer informs me that SupportAssist already exists on my computer. I have searched all files on my Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop and can find no files relating to SupportAssist and it doesn't appear in the installed programs in Control Panel, or anywhere else I've looked. I can find no solution to this issue.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 28th, 2018 14:00

You don't need Support Assist. It is not required so you skip the reinstallation. In fact, it can cause problems as you have observed. Check Startup on the Apps page to make sure it is not loading at boot. 

Did you use Settings, Apps to uninstall it correctly? Don't delete anything. Uninstall it instead. 

6 Posts

October 29th, 2018 11:00

I tried to uninstall it from the Control Panel Programs and Features page but it wouldn't remove that way. I finally used an uninstaller program to force uninstall but there were still residual files left that I used a search in the hard drive folder to find and delete. Presently I can find no files relating to SupportAssist anywhere on my laptop and it doesn't show up in Settings or under Control Panel any longer. So apparently it no longer exists on my computer and I'll not try to install it again. Thanks for the advice.

No Events found!