Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2017 21:00

Windows 10 and BIOS slowness on Inspiron 15 3000 series

Friends

I am trying to help a friend with her Inspiron 15 3000 series (3542). The computer has been running slower and slower, and most of that is caused by too many programs automatically started. So I helped her to disable the automatic startup for most of them.

I also updater her BIOS from A4 to the latest, A12. But now the boot takes like a minute or so before you get past the BIOS screen! It took long before too, she told me, but not this loooong. Is there a problem with the BIOS A12 or some of the BIOS settings? I tried Fastboot on and off, UEFI mode and Legacy mode and some other settings but either it did not help or in worst case it said there is no hard disk!

Is this a known issue and does some of you have suggestions on what to try?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 1703 (she will try to install the Fall Creator Update soon).

Thanks for suggestions

Calle

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 24th, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

There is no known issue with the BIOS update or this system model.

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB

How is the CPU usage, is it at 100% disc usage?

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address

6 Posts

October 24th, 2017 19:00

Hi friend

I was surprised to talk to the owner of that computer yesterday and learn that after a few more re-starts it booted up within a couple of seconds! She showed me and that indeed happens. The BIOS runs really fast now. I do not understand this, but I think maybe it only needed a certain amounts of boots to really catch the BIOS update? Anyway, now she is on Fastboot and UEFI mode but not Secure boot, I think.

Thanks for your kind input, though.

Calle

No Events found!