Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 18:00

Windows 7 to 10 XPS 13 webcam not working

I just went from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I was able to fix my Cypress touchpad issue by installing an older version (5.5.1.59), but I have not been able to get my built in webcam to work.  Fast Access will not work, Windows Camera App does not work and gives me error code: 0x200F424A(0x8007001F).  Does anyone know a work around?  I've tried changing drivers, but no luck so far.  Thanks in advance!

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

I have no idea if this will work for you, but it did work for me on my Studio 1558. After installing Windows 10, the internal camera supplied to Dell by Creative Labs for this PC would crash my system when trying to use it from Skype and other apps. After searching for a driver that would make it work, I read in another Dell Forum post that I just needed to remove the Dell application software that supports that camera. So I used "Programs and Features" in the control center to remove the Dell camera software. I think it was named something like Dell Cam Central, but don't hold me to that name. Anyway, after removing that software, all the other apps that use the camera now work including Skype. Good luck.

5 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

I appreciate the info.  Hopefully this will help someone, unfortunately it did not solve my problem.  Other than the cam and touch pad issues, Windows 10 has been great IMO.

5 Posts

August 6th, 2015 18:00

Found my own solution.   Under device manager I went to the imaging devices, right clicked, and uninstalled.  It will tell you that you must restart your computer, and should be working from then on out.  This worked for me!

-Ivan

No Events found!