Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

7 Posts

December 7th, 2018 23:00

XPS 15 9570 colors oversurated, DPC not working!!

I have the XPS 9570, supposedly one of the best video editing machines, and the display colors, especially red and orange are uncomfortably over saturated, the skin tones look extremely off and unnatural. Dell Premier Color does not work, when attempting to switch from Vibrant to sRBG or Rec709, nothing at all changes, the colors look just as over saturated and unnatural. I have been on the phone for hours with Dell and they don't know how to fix the problem. I have also tried calibrating the display with the i1 Display by Xtrite and it won't let the profiling software come close to an accurate white point or calibration.  I'm about to throw this thing out the window!! I have had this computer for maybe 4 months and there was about 2 months worth of time when the colors looked correct, but then after a BIOs update a few days ago everything looks fake and over saturated again. I am a video editor and it is more than a must for my display to look accurate. Dell or somebody please help, I feel like this laptop has been such a rip off!!

14 Posts

September 27th, 2019 13:00

this worked for me with latest bios 1.13:

download and install "dell premiercolor" from dell website.
first settings show "color gamut". change from "vibrant" to "sRGB" (or Rec 709 if you prefer).

voila, fixed

just took me 1 year to figure that out.... (facepalm)...

June 3rd, 2020 09:00

Do you have banding colors issues or know someone who had after mess with dell premier colors?! I have this problem. I both my dell XPS 9570 2019 in the USA and now I live in Portugal. My computer has presented that issue since June 2019. I used to use Dell Premiere colors without any problem. But, someday that issue just appeared. Dell says they're not responsible for software issues, only hardware, because I am out of USA (I did the transfer warranty tag to Portugal, but they say they are not responsible as well). So, one dell technician came here and changed the motherboard, SSD, screen, and still the same problem. He formated the windows again and it solved the problem, but the colors looked oversaturated. I tried to put Dell premier colors and now the banding colors are back. Do you have a solution for this?! thank you!

June 6th, 2020 22:00

The problem is this.....we are forced to choose between:

1. Banding with Dell PremierColor
or
2. Oversaturated colors with no Dell Premier Color. (solution here is to "guess and check" with Intel command center color sliders)

Absolute nightmare. After spending many hours searching for a solution on these forums, there appears to be none at this time. How can Dell warrant charging so much for a monitor and giving us a bad product? I have purchased 7 straight Dell computers and am so utterly disappointed. As someone who dabbles in graphic design, I need my colors to be accurate: I will be returning this laptop for good and unfortunately telling other high-end computer seeking friends to stay far away.

There are some other threads on this, and it has been noted that BIOS 1.5 does not have this issue. And looking at the forums, this all started happening fall of last year. Dell Premiercolor is just bad and causes the terrible color banding, but it looks like a bios issue as to why the hue or saturation is so off. Likely they make that the default setting because it looks more vivid in stores so they can sell more laptops or something. Greed strikes again.

I feel like the solution might lie somewhere in the color management settings, but whenever I make a new profile the default profile, none of the colors change.....they stay exactly the same. I've gone through all the profiles they provide and there is no change. I even tried downloading a default one from online somewhere and the colors still didn't change.

For the record, I have a brand new xps 15 7590 touchscreen with 1.7.0 bios. I am in law school and this has taken up TONS of my time. Deeply, DEEPLY disappointing.

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

December 1st, 2022 08:00

Two years later, Dell PremierColor is still useless. In Italy they charge 700 euro for the 4K wide-gamut display on the XPS notebooks.

No Events found!