Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: support for windows 10 upgrade for XPS 14(L502X)

What about WAVES maxxaudio3 driver? Does it work in Windows 8.1 update or Windows 10 for that matter? I don't think so. This can be a major factor that will force users to stay with Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't think the XPS 14 had that, did it? Mine shipped with Windows 8. The audio was pretty basic, considering it's an XPS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

And an update on my laptop... Dell published their drivers today (already outdated), and with their drivers the brightness control is still broken. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi, Gokul G.

I have upgraded my Dell XPS 14 to windows 10 last week and I´m having a problem with startup, because is taking about more than a minute to start up an is very slow until all programs startup.

The system is working properly after login and is very strange due this machine be one i7 with 8GB of RAM (Was perfect with Windows 8.1 about 30 seconds to start Windows and ready for use).

Can someone help me of what should I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Would you think that dell will create new drivers for all those features that are not working?

If they do not support win10 should we upgraded?

I have updated my L502x and there are things I do not like. (overheating, GUIs slow, MaxxAudio.

What do you recommend? Stay or roll back? thx

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Even if the Dell version of the Intel HD graphics driver had working brightness control, you would need Windows 10 Pro to stop Windows from replacing it. At the moment, Windows 10 Home won't let you hide the update, even with the Hide Update Tool. I've gone back to 8.1, and I don't think Dell will ever fully support this laptop on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

ROBERTOPOQUINI:

If you have an mSATA drive for acceleration you'll need to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology and enable it. If that's not the problem and you're using that terrible 500GB drive Dell supplied as a system drive go pick up an mSATA SSD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

ROBERTOPOQUINI:

If you have an mSATA drive for acceleration you'll need to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology and enable it. If that's not the problem and you're using that terrible 500GB drive Dell supplied as a system drive go pick up an mSATA SSD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't know why it posted that here... I was on a different thread. Typical Dell 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted

ROBERTOPOQUINI:

0 Kudos