Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2013 23:00

Blue screen appearing with no message, cursor can be seen on screen

Hi , 

i have a dell 5520 inspiron laptop which i bought 2 months ago . Yeasterday while starting the laptop , just after the lock screen , i pressed a key on the keyboard, but the login page was not visible ,i could not access my account . what could be the problem and how to resolve this .Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 27th, 2013 19:00

Hello Nvp,

There are few troubleshooting steps I would suggest, that would help us in isolating the issue.

1. Run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics
Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. If the test passes on all the hardware components, follow the next step. 

2. Try booting into Safe Mode. 
-- Restart the computer.
-- Keep tapping F8 at the Dell Logo Screen.
-- Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode.
-- Press Enter.
-- Check if the computer is booting into safe mode.

If the computer boots into safe mode, I would suggest doing a System Restore. In case system restore doesn't fix the issue try doing a Start Up Repair.

Please try the steps and write back with results.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 31st, 2013 02:00

Hi Nvp,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

4 Posts

June 28th, 2019 22:00

Hey two days buck i placed windows 8 in my dell latitude 6400 but after one of working well while i wanted to download Microsoft word it took alot of time and i decided to cancel it and later i restarted it but now it showing only the cursor on the screen after i login what could be the matter please

No Events found!