Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2013 16:00

Caps Lock disables text boxes

When I press Caps Lock while typing text, the text cursor disappears and the text box deactivates, thus I need to click again on the text box to resume typing in it. That makes me lose a lot of time when doing my college work.

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 R, running on Windows 8.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 19:00

Hi victor93rs,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Quickset Application.

To uninstall the Quickset follow the below mentioned instructions:

1. Open Charms search box and type “Control panel”. Select “Programs and Features” and press enter.
  2. In the “Programs and Features” window, right click “Quickset64”, click “Change/Uninstall”.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Visit the following website: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  6. Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  7. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  8. Under category Application, select the Quickset Application accordingly and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  9. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.
  10. Check the functionality of keyboard.

Please reply for any further help.

10 Posts

September 7th, 2013 10:00

Another detail is that this laptop was "manufacturer-refurbished". I bought it on Best Buy.

10 Posts

September 7th, 2013 10:00

When I uninstalled Quickset, the problem disappeared. 

But after re-installing it, following your instructions, the problem came back.

I was told in another forum to try creating a new Administrator Account, The problem isn't present (on that account), but still appears on mine.

What do you think might be the cause then?

Thank you! :emotion-2:

10 Posts

September 7th, 2013 11:00

How could I solve this problem, without having to uninstall Quickset?

10 Posts

September 8th, 2013 13:00

Anyways, thank you all for your help! Finally I decided to uninstall Quickset, its funcnionalities aren't indispensable.

May the Lord bless you!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 9th, 2013 19:00

Hi victor93rs,

Uninstalling the Quickset application will stop the functionality of the shortcut keys. The issue is with the user account. I suggest you to create a new  Administrator User Account and transfer the files from your old User account to the New one and then delete the old User account.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new Administrator User account:

1. Click “Start”, type “User Accounts” and press enter.
  2. Click “Manage another account”.
  3. Click “Create a new account”.
  4. Type the name you want to give to the new user account, click administrator account type, and then click “Create Account”.
  5. Restart the computer and login into the new user account.

Hope this helps!

No Events found!