Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2016 01:00

Could not find the recovery enviroment.

Dear friends,

I have 2 issues which I wish to solve:

1) I cannot use the recovery options in Windows 8.1  because it says 'Could not find recovery environment'. I searched on the internet and tried some options to solve this problem but to no avail.

2) I think the first issue is related with the second issue.  I have deleted some recovery partitions by mistake.  This might be the reason why I can't use the recovery options when I go to 'Change PC Settings'.

If I manually format my pc through the bios by using the factory image, do you think I will be able to solve both issues?  If not, is there anything which I can do to solve these issues?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 

17K Posts

April 13th, 2016 05:00

Shadow186

If you formatted the hard drive the restore partition is not longer available. You can click the link below and try the commands listed in the article to try and resolve the issue. If this does not work you will need to manually reinstall Windows.

Repair Your Computer in Windows 8/8.1

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.You would click my name in blue, then on the next page in the upper right corner, click the words "send private message"

No Events found!