Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2013 16:00

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 Windows 8 inquiry

Hello , I have had some problems with my Msata drive and I finally succeeded in activating the msata , intel rapid start technology won't start though , so I decided that I was going to recover my preinstalled windows 8 Single Language 64-Bit on the msata drive , I always get the recovery to install the windows on the 1TB hard instead , where can I download the version of windows 8 which will allow me to do so ? or how can I make a recovery disk that will also allow me to install the windows on the msata ? Thanks in advance 

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

September 17th, 2013 03:00

Hi Akram,

If you are trying to install the Windows on the mSATA drive using the USB recovery Flash Drive, it will not work. You will need the Windows re-installation discs to do so. Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I'll review the details and share the further course of action.

Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

September 14th, 2013 04:00

Hi Akram,

The recovery media can only be created if you are able to boot to Windows. Here are the steps:

• Open Dell Backup and Recovery Manager.
  • Click the Recovery Media tile.
  • Click Factory Backup.
  • Select either USB Flash Drive or Discs as per your requirement. Ensure to connect the USB Flash Drive or put blank media into the optical drive.
    NOTE: If there is no Optical drive in the system, user can attach an external USB DVD writer.
  • Click Continue.
  • Click Start, at this point when you are prompted saying that the data would be lost, click Yes.
  • The factory image gets created on the USB flash drive or disc, click OK once done.

If you have already tried re-installing the Windows or formatted the hard drive the recovery partition is lost and is inaccessible. In this case you will need the Windows re-installation discs to perform clean installation. Please share if you have the discs with you or not.

Also, you can download the drivers for the system from the link http://dell.to/15qqGcr. Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. You will find the drivers under Drivers & Download tab.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

September 14th, 2013 08:00

Hi Saharsh ,

I already do own a USB recovery Flash Drive and my windows does boot up normally , thing is , I can't change the recovery destination , and I do not own the Windows re-installation discs as they did not come with the laptop.

1 Message

November 30th, 2013 14:00

i would like to know the OS installed on SSD or HDD if it is installed on HDD what is the function of SDD?

4 Posts

December 4th, 2013 04:00

I am also asking the same question as @pola joseph has written "Dell" dare to answer all our questions.

System details:  Dell Inspiron 15r SE, model: 7520

1. What is Intel Rapid Technology, how we can benefit from this and what about "ATA" "AHCI" in bios settings.

2. If we are going to install windows on local hard drive then what is the use of 30gb SSD (solid state drive).

3. How the hell we can install a fresh copy of windows8 just like Dell factory settings. As "IT WAS DELIVERED TO US WHEN WE HAVE PURCHASED"

4. What is UEFI mode and legacy mode. what are the benefit by choosing these mode.

5. Why we need F2 and F12, where very less option in bios setting where as in boot manager we see a lot of various options.

I will see, If any Dell technical team members have the guts to answer and solve these common user problem where users are not able to find answers from your forums or anywhere else on net.

No Events found!