Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

December 25th, 2013 16:00

My Dell icon on task bar

What did I change to put the My Dell icon on the task bar to the left of the systray?  It wasn't there this morning, but it's there now.   

I don't see it listed as a startup program.

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

December 25th, 2013 21:00

Quit looking!

I found it.  I don't know how it got there, but I found how to make it go away.

Right click on task bar, select tool bars, un-check My Dell.

6 Posts

June 18th, 2014 16:00

What did I change to put the My Dell icon on the task bar to the left of the systray?  It wasn't there this morning, but it's there now.   

I don't see it listed as a startup program.

Did you ever get an answer to this? (I noticed the 'Verified Answer' doesn't answer the question.)

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

June 18th, 2014 17:00

Since I answered my own question with the instructions on how to add/remove the icon from the systray, there wouldn't be a need for anyone else to replay with an answer.

If you are having a problem with it, my instructions still hold (I just tried it again).  Right click on the task bar, select Tool Bars, then left click to check an a listed items you want to see in the systray, or click to uncheck a listed item if it's in the systray, and you don't want to see it.

6 Posts

June 19th, 2014 16:00

Actually, my question was "What did I change to put the My Dell icon on the task bar to the left of the systray?  It wasn't there this morning, but it's there now."

I'm also curious why clicking on it doesn't open a window, even though it has the little 'program is running' box around it, and hovering over it causes a thumbnail to appear.

Your answer will surely be useful to anyone who wants to remove an icon from the system tray, but doesn't know how.

BTW The My Dell icon on my taskbar disappeared all by itself after an hour or so.

2 Intern

• 

480 Posts

June 19th, 2014 17:00

Humm,  I guess it's another computer mystery.

I assumed that I had accidentally turned it on, but now it looks as if I didn't.

I'm at my desktop right now.  I put the My Dell icon back on the task bar to check it, and when I click on it, it opens the My Dell window.

No Events found!