Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2013 02:00

Recovery system failure

I have a Dell Insprion 15R SE (Only about 6 months old)

Hi, so after having a reboot problem (maybe a bootloop), for unknown reasons i received an error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and after doing some research found that i needed to restore my computer, however mid-installation i encounter a problem saying that the installation had failed, it then immediately reset the computer and took me to this screen: 

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

File:\Windows\system32\winload.efi
Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings

When trying to press enter key or f8 the screen flashed black, but appears to do nothing.

When running a diagnostics check i receive the following message:

Error Code 2000-01-42

Validation 130129

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N WXQ1E82FSZJ8, Short self test unsuccessful.

Technical support will need this information to diagnose the problem.

Please record the above error and validation codes.

Do you want to continue testing?

Further information you may want to know: I have neither an OEM or rebuild disk, i only have a driver and utilities disc that i receive with my PC. My pc also came with windows 8 pre-installed

Thanks for taking the time to read, hopefully someone can help me out 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi athorley7,

Thank you for the detailed error message. This error code indicates it is HDD failure. Please send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

No Events found!