Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2007 17:00

Add/Remove program access problem

Hello-
New to forum so hello to all.
I have several programs that I want to delete from my computer and am having a problem with getting access to my "Add or Remove programs" file.  When I click on the icon to take me there there is an error that pops up that reads "An exception occured while trying to run "C:\windows\systems32\shell32.dll, control_rundll c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl"
Any ideas on how to correct this problem?   Thanks in advance for any help.

1.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2007 19:00

Simply copy the " C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\APPWIZ.CPL " in the RUN box and OK it. That should open the Add/Remove programs box.

2.7K Posts

June 2nd, 2007 21:00

Hello jlehne

Try reregistering Shell32.

Start/Run and type in
REGSVR32 SHELL32.DLL
OK

9 Posts

June 2nd, 2007 22:00

Thaks for the help- tried both suggestions and still get the same error- anything else I can try?
Thanks.

2 Intern

• 

596 Posts

June 3rd, 2007 10:00

Try running the system file checker. sfc /scannow .There is a space between the c and forward slash. Type this in the run box if, asked for install cd put it in.

2.7K Posts

June 3rd, 2007 10:00

Try the same again with

Start/Run and type in
REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL
OK

9 Posts

June 4th, 2007 22:00

Fixed! Thanks to everyone for the help, I appreciate it.

4 Posts

December 17th, 2007 12:00

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I am having problems with my Inspiron 6000. When starting up the Windows XP screen comes up, before turning to a blank screen and error messages relating to logon.exe lassa.exe etc.
The eror message states that Shell32.dll is missing. I then receive 'The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load

Any idea on how to resolve it? Dell want to charge me to fix it

Greg
Billingham, Cleveland, UK

December 22nd, 2007 03:00

You should post your problem in a new thread. I would suggest Support\Software\Windows XP. Click the gold "New Message" button above the table.

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=sw_winxp
No Events found!