Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2007 23:00

Aero Theme

I have just received my new Dimension 9200 with Windows Vista Home Premium.

When I try to change the Desktop Theme to the much vaunted Aero it is not available. The only Themes are Windows Clasic and Windows Vista. Usung the search for more Themes draws a Blank.

It is definitely Home Premium.

Anyone have similar problem?

Peter

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2007 01:00

Right click "Desktop" and choose Personalization. then click "Window Color and Appearance" then
 "Open classic appearence properties>  Color Schemes> Windows Areo  

16 Posts

August 5th, 2007 04:00

And be prepared for it to go away frequently. Dell, Microsoft, and NVidia refuse to release a driver that will work. Realplayer will cause it to go away and both Nero, and Sonic will also. If you end task on explorer.exe and start it again, the theme comes back.

1.1K Posts

August 5th, 2007 05:00

In full screen mode it reverts back to Vista basic mode (in my case Quicktime, and some Roxio applications). In less then full screen it's fine. The application is not fully 100% Vista compatable yet.
Dell, Microsoft, or Nvidia did not write the application, so what do drivers have to do with it? You would be prepared if the proper homework is done with the applications that you use.

Also Vista will turn Aero off in other occasions, ie: your installed video card cannot handle the task, not enough memory in your system, etc.

Message Edited by kpo127 on 08-05-2007 02:56 AM

16 Posts

August 5th, 2007 13:00

I have a brand new computer that was made and advertised by Dell and NVidia to meet and exceed all requirements. Dell has released 3 BIOS updates, and NVidia a driver update, all in reaction to software issues with AERO. I stand by my statement. NO ONE was ready for this and Microsoft did a poor job of rushing this out before anyone was ready. Dell going back to an XP option is proof of that. Too many problems.

21 Posts

August 5th, 2007 14:00

Hi Dave5,

Yes my settings are for Aero Colour Scheme but I have no option to set the Aero Theme.

The colours are for Aero but no Aero Theme.

Peter

21 Posts

August 5th, 2007 15:00

Hi Dave5

Many thanks - I have in fact got Aero working - I thought the desktop always showed the revolving windows you get with Windows and Tab.

Solved.

Peter

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2007 15:00

If you can flip open apps and windows with the "Windows and TAB keys" and the borders of open
windows are transparent, that i believe is Areo theme.

I found this.

Message Edited by dave5 on 08-05-2007 12:26 PM

21 Posts

August 5th, 2007 22:00

Hi MMauilUfan and others with Aero problems

Since finding out from Dave5  how to use Aero I have no problems. I can have 4 apps open in full screen mode and no problems, even if I keep it fliping for some time.

Peter

16 Posts

August 5th, 2007 23:00

Right..I have never had a problem with full screen for anything either. The problem is when it goes away. Software is causing it for the most part. I rarely see the WINDOWS error that it has stopped it. The latest version of Realplayer has fixed the problem with it. I stopped using Nero cuz they released 3 different versions and still had the same problem. I found a much less bloated CD/DVD writing software that works much better and AERO works!!!
No Events found!