Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 13th, 2005 13:00

Ati Catalyst control center won't open

I have used CCC before in an earlier version and it worked, but after about a week or two it just stoped opening. I don't know why. So I got rid of it and have been happy since. But now that I have a spare TV and want to take advantage of it's cloning feature I instaled CCC 5.3 . It says the instalation was successful but when my computer loads and I double click on the CCC icon nothing happens. I can hear the computer kind of think about opening it, and the processor uses about 30% to atempt to open it, but after about a 2nd it's done and it no longer opens. Can someone please help me fix this, I know im not the only one out there with this problem.

Computer set up
CCC 5.3
Win XP Pro
SP Services Pak 2
Radeon 9800 Pro

593 Posts

March 15th, 2005 05:00

If you look in the CCC folder on your start menu, there should be an advanced folder in that folder.  The same thing happens to me and if I hit 'Restart Runtime', that usually works.

Over all, I like the feel of CCC but it's so quirky it kinda makes me wish I had a nVidia card again.  That and the fact that the 6800 series totally obliterates my 9800 Pro...

139 Posts

March 15th, 2005 10:00

I'l try that then post back.

139 Posts

March 15th, 2005 19:00

So I ran restart runtime, and nothing happend. It's the same deal with what happens when I try to open the Catalyst Control Center. In the task manager it says it's loading 30% then 1 sec later, it goes back to idle. Never loads. I even reinstalled CCC AGAIN!!! Just to make sure. Still no luck. Has anyone found a solution to this, there are multiple threads on this but I never seem to find an answer to them. Again like stated earlier CCC has worked on my computer in the past. One day it just stopped working and I don't know why. Has anybody solved this, or do you have any ideas?

593 Posts

March 15th, 2005 20:00

Restarting the runtime usually does it for me if CCC won't open but I do remember it not working a couple times.  How about uninstalling your video drivers (the whole suite: driver, CCC, everything), restarting your machine, running Driver Cleaner 3 (Clean everything ATI related), restarting again, and reinstalling the whole suite.  That may work.

However, if it doesn't, you can get the same multi display options under the driver only download, they are just less direct.  Good luck!

139 Posts

March 15th, 2005 21:00

I have completed everything you suggested and I still recieve the same problem. This really agitates me becuase in driver cleaner it showed registry entries being deleted which I had hoped was cuasing my problem :( . Does anyone else have any other ideas in which don't involve me completley formating my computer. Any will be apreciated. I have e-mailed ATI several times and they constantly send a link to their drivers section which offers no help at all.
No Events found!