Highlighted
anim8tr
1 Copper

Bad Disk - Can Still See Files - Next Steps?

I have a hard drive that went bad, BUT I can still see (and recover) all of the files when I connect the bad hard drive via USB, using a SATA Cable.

With the bad drive, I can still boot and get to the Windows Desktop, but it freezes within seconds and produces the BSOD. The same happens when starting in Safe Mode. I believe I have a bad sector on my hard drive that is preventing my computer from completely launching.

Is there a way for me to clone or somehow do an export so that I can retrieve my application settings for Outlook, Dreamweaver, Office, etc..? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Bad Disk - Can Still See Files - Next Steps?

anim8tr,

There are some options that may work for you at the link below. Some of these options charge to recover files.

How to Recover Data from Failed Hard Drive

0 Kudos
anim8tr
1 Copper

RE: Bad Disk - Can Still See Files - Next Steps?

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply....

I have been able to recover all of my data from the failed drive. My question was more related to if there was a way to recover application settings for each of my applications.

For example, I have about 20 email addresses that I was using in Outlook. Instead of adding each one individually (because I haven't backed them up for quite some time), I was wondering if there was a easier way to do this? The same applies to all of the rules I was using in Outlook. Is there a way to recover these by using the files I was able to recover?

0 Kudos