Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2017 06:00

Battery doesn't charge, Power manager doesn't install

Hi everyone,

I have a Latitude E5430 and the battery doesn't charge.

I couldn't install the power manager "System-Utilities_Application_HGV5H_WN64_2.2.0_A00", 
gives error 25025 "The application is not supported on your system".
Strange, it was from Dell support page for E5430!

I did a DELL complete Diagnostics which reports a faulty Battery, but a second battery l bought doesn't charge either. Motherboard is fine.

Windows notification shows "charge of 0%, connected but not charging". Same from BIOS.

BIOS version A15, I can't update because it needs battery charge of 10%.

Laptop details: OS Windows 7 Professional 64bit, RAM 4Gb, HDD 320Gb, bought as refurbished.

I suspect a damaged motherboard

Please help me out on this

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 6th, 2017 07:00

Hi rigsel,

Thanks for posting.

The battery will only last a finite number of charge/discharge cycles, generally about a year to 18 months, so it's a good possibility the battery is past it's life expectancy for this 5 year old computer.  Since you said in your post that you replaced the battery, it's important to know where the battery came from, as the Chinese "knock off" batteries sometimes don't register with the charging circuit and may have allegedly caused fires. If the battery is an OEM battery and is still not charging, then the motherboard would be the next place to look. I saw that you ran diagnostics and it showed okay, but if the charger works on another computer and charges the battery, then the motherboard would be the culprit.  Have you tried the battery on another computer?  Does it charge there or do you get the same results?

Post back your findings so the experts here can assist further.

No Events found!