Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 5th, 2008 19:00

Bearshare

I am having troubles with bearshare and vista. Everyday I download/play downloaded music with bearshare 1-2hrs in i get 2 error messages one says "Windows Media Revocation and Renewal - You must restart your machine to continue the content processing" the other is from bearshare says "bearshare encountered a problem while playing the file. do you want to remove this file from the library?" Once I restart the computer i can download and listen to music again for another 1-2hrs. I called dell and the guy said that i need to have a default player to listen to the music on and downloaded some vnl or vln or something, anyways that did not work and i couldn't play my tunes on it so i uninstalled it. i contacted bearshare and they said that the message may pop up with new songs that were just downloaded, its all the songs though. He said it is a problem with Vista not bearshare.  Now I can't even connect to bearshare at all for some reason....So my question is what can I do. It is a pain in the rear to have to restart my computer every 1-2hrs to be able to listen to my music.

319 Posts

March 5th, 2008 19:00

Desjarlais, I'm not sure if Filesharing programs violate the ToS of the board or not. Regardless, if Bearshare is not working, then I'd go to a forum for Bearshare.

12K Posts

March 7th, 2008 03:00

It is a pain in the rear to have to restart my computer every 1-2hrs to be able to listen to my music.

I'm sure you meant to say "my downloaded pirated music".  You probably picked up either spyware or a virus.  And yes, discussing P2P file sharing is not allowed here.

No Events found!