Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 22nd, 2008 14:00

Blue Screen Of Death

I think this one is really complicated.  As I have read too many complicated solutions to this.

Here is the problem.  The computer will not Boot in Normal mode and will not Boot in Safe Mode either.

It will Boot into BSOD on both tries. 

Here is the Error code for normal booting.  Stop 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x805901EB, 0xF9F456AC, 0xF9F453A8)

It asks to check if I have available disk space (I do).  It asks to see if the error screen mentions anything about a Driver (there don't seem to be any driver mentioned in the error screen).  It says try changing video adapters (I do not know if the motherboard has its own integrated video chip so I did not remove the 64MB graphics card too check video adapters).  Should I try this?

It also says to check the hardware Vendor for any Bios updates.  It says to Disable Bios Memory options such as caching and shadowing ( I do not know how to do this).  It also says If I need to disable components to reboot in Safe Mode ( I tried rebooting to Safe Mode F8, does not work).   

When I Boot up into Safe Mode, I get a new Blue Screen with the following error code.

Stop: 0000021A (Fatal System Error)  Status of 0x000003A.

Here is the Dell system specs.

Dell Dimension 8200,     Bios version A05

Windows XP SP2

Pentium 4, 2.0 Ghz

256 MB RAM

40 GB HardDrive

In the Bios the Primary Video Controller is set to AGP.  Found under intergrated Devices Legacy Select Options. 

Anyway, can somebody please point me into the right direction.  Too many options.  Sorry if I wrote too much.  I wanted to give you as much information as possible.  BTW, I do not have original XP recovery discs.  Not interested in refreshing OS, but will do it as a last resort.

Sammy  

1 Rookie

• 

97 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 04:00

Never mind, I followed instructions on Dell support tab.

Everything is working fine now.  Thanks you.

Message Edited by ToyUser on 05-23-2008 12:26 PM
No Events found!