Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WL

February 19th, 2007 12:00

CTMBHA.DLL (Error Loading), Invalid Access to memory location

I upgraded my XPS-M1710 to Vista Ultimate with no major problems. This error message shows up on each boot. I have sound and it works fine. The lack of ability to use this file does not seem to interfere with normal Windows Vista operation.

When I reboot, I get a Blue Screen STOP error which states:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Although others have had a similar error, the error popped up on it's own. Mine only shows up on reboot or shutdown.

Once I pass that, Windows Vista will reboot okay (except for the CTMBHA.DLL error again).

Anyone else have similar issues?

Message Edited by Will Lyster on 02-19-2007 08:33 AM

Message Edited by Will Lyster on 02-19-2007 08:34 AM

2 Posts

February 20th, 2007 14:00

I have the same problem.  Do you Dell guys have a solution to this annoying message?  I have a xps 1210.  Why is this message popping up?  Otherwise, my Vista is functioning ok but I am sure future compatabiltiy issues will come along as we worked out the bugs.

Message Edited by sammi475 on 02-20-2007 10:16 AM

5 Posts

February 24th, 2007 15:00

I purchased the Vista Ultimate edition and upgraded my Inspiron 9400 from XP Home edition. Now I get this error message 'Error loading CTMBHA.DLL Invalid access to memory location' after every boot.
I am also experiencing extremely slow internet browsing with iexplorer utilising 60 -100% CPU.

1 Message

February 25th, 2007 14:00

I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. Just purchase my notebook not even a month old now receiving the error message CTMBHA.DLL Invalid access to memory location. Chat with an Dell Support online did not get the help needed. Dell we need help! Can anyone help?

16 Posts

February 25th, 2007 18:00

Since upgrading all of Dell's latest drivers and still having this error, I have removed the line from my registry for this DLL and (as expected) the driver no longer causes an error.

I still have sound and have not run into any further problem since removing the driver.

940 Posts

February 25th, 2007 19:00

If I am remembering correctly that is for the Sound Blaster software that unlocks all of the extra features of the onboard sound card. That software is not Vista compatable and from what I understand there is no plan to do an upgrade for it. I have that for my XPS 410 but uninstalled it and purchased the Creative X-Fi for my computer. I have not yet upgraded to Vista but there are at least Beta drivers for it and the final drivers should be released soon.
No Events found!