Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2009 03:00

Change From Vista to Xp OS? Will this effect my 3 year Warranty with Dell?

Hi All,

I am fed up with Vista that was supplied with my laptop, (didn;t have the choice for XP at the time of sale! =[ ) and would really like to go back to good old XP Service Pack 2.

Am i able to actually change my OS to xp without it effecting my 3 year warranty with Dell? (2 years left) I actually have rung Dell and was informed that as long as i informed Tech Support then this would be fine.. Also according to the advisor i am also allowed to take it to a local company and have them set this up for me. Somehow i am not convinced though =/....

They have also said they are able to supply me with the disk but i would rather purchase this elsewhere maybe..

Any Thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Many Thanks

66 Posts

January 13th, 2009 03:00

Hello

Yes it will effect the warranties

Vista was sent to you as an Original Equipment Manufacturer's version and its the only OS that will be supported by the tech support

Tech support will help you with all the hardwarew issues but in case of any software issues you will have to pay to Dell toget help.

Software means een the OS issue, and to tell you the truth it totally depends on the associate whome you are talking to.

If he want then he can make any issue as a software issue and will try to charge you money for the support.

All the hardware support is for free but the software support will be charged

January 13th, 2009 04:00

Hey Compu,

You are 100% Correct on that, had a email from Dell on it also.

Cheers for The Assist:emotion-1:

No Events found!