Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2006 15:00

Computer Freezes when Right Click - Thaks for reading this posting!

Hi, I was not sure which forum to go to, so here is my problem. I have windows XP professional, I am not sure if it is a 64 bit or not. What ever that means. Lately when I right click the mouse on the desk top, to create new folder or go too display options, it freezes, it just sits there and never goes to the right click options. Also when I click on an icon or try to open a programs it takes forever to finally open.

I have cleans it out and run registry Bot several times and nothing works, please help! Thanks in advance also thanks for taking the time to read this posting

June 26th, 2006 17:00

I have AVG virus scan installed and it runs once a week, also when I do the analyze it says That I do not need to defrag. Any more suggestions? Thanks for reply.

43 Posts

June 26th, 2006 17:00

Try a virus scan and defragment your disk.  I'm not 100% sure these are your problem but they can contribute.

Message Edited by manogamez on 06-26-200611:32 AM

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

June 26th, 2006 18:00

Hi:

Try one of the methods from Ramesh's site here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

June 26th, 2006 19:00

well I did this and disable everything except the roxio CD creator and the AVG virus program files and guess what it worked, but I foolishly disable all non-Microsoft at the same times so I will have to go back and enable them all then one by one disable them, however I will only have to do the last ones I disable because I done it once and let a few out and it never work, went back and done the ones left out and then it fixed the problem. You guys are the greatest. Thanks a million times.

June 26th, 2006 19:00

One more question, I have read the help me files on AVG, however I am a bit confused, when it finds a virus and puts it in the vault, then I delete it does it take it completely out of my computer or just deletes it the tthe vault. I understand your not advisors for AVG, just thought you might know. Thanks again.:smileywink:

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

June 26th, 2006 20:00

Yes, deleting anything from the vault completely removes it.

The purpose of the vault is to isolate anything detected from accessing your PC, yet provides the ability to restore the detection in case it isn't really a virus (i.e. a false positive). Think of the vault as a scure "recycle bin". I would leave anything detected in the vault for a few days, to make sure you haven't removed something important.

No Events found!