Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2017 10:00

Dell Optiplex 755 drivers not working trying to fresh install Windows 7...

Recently bought a second hand Optiplex 755 which the previous owner had for some reason disk park cleaned the HDD and so couldn't get it back to working order and sold it to myself...

So trying to install Windows 7 it asks to put in driver disc or something to install necessary drivers to install Windows 7, so i've downloaded and burned to disc what i believe are the right drivers... 

www . dell . com /support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/dfx2k3j/drivers/advanced

(Remove spaces to follow link, not sure if it was posting properly)

When inserting driver disc as asked it has a window appear with the message,

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

As far as i can tell ive got the correct drivers but i am getting nowhere.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 6th, 2017 10:00

iJustRich,

Unfortunately, Dell does not have any Windows 7 drivers for the Optiplex 755. Dell only supported Windows XP and Windows Vista on this computer. 

Optiplex 755 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 7th, 2017 03:00

Your Windows 7 Installation .iso or Bootable USB is corrupt. Even Windows 7 without any Service Packs 2009 Media has the storage controllers for Late 2007 hardware such as the OptiPlex 755 inbuilt.

Follow the instructions here to download a new installation .iso and check the .iso checksums before use:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/#Windows7SP1Techbench 

No Events found!