Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2012 08:00

Deploying Windows Images

I work for a small business that gains a growing number of customers monthly. We set up our customer's workstations to run our software and optimize them for best performance depending on different scenarios that they will be working in. Normally we do this manually and checking things off a list to make sure we did not miss anything. However, I would like to create reference images to make the process much smoother and more efficient. All of our new workstations are bought from Dell. 

My question is this: will there or will there not be any licensing issues if I use a reference image from a Dell workstation that has been configured and is ready to use as a reference? My understanding is that OEMs usually have the product key embedded in  the BIOS or something along that line. The reference will go only to other new Dells.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 23rd, 2012 08:00

Hi zsutton,

You can definitely go ahead and make a reference image and you can also install it on other Dell systems. Dell OEM images are licensed for Dell systems, as it is verified by service tag..

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2012 09:00

Thats very nice to know....will definitely make my life easier.

No Events found!