Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2010 17:00

Did complete new install of Win. 7 on Studio 1535. Can't get DigitalPersona to work

I have reinstalled everything. The Authentec AES2810 shows it is working properly. When I try the software, it says the reader is not connected and tells me to connect it. I have updated all the drivers. I ran it all in compatibility mode since the original disks are Vista.

When I tried the software, this is what I got. Telling me to install the driver from my Dell Driver CD...which I did.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephanie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 26th, 2010 18:00

Stephanie,

When you said you reinstalled everything, did you install the notebook utility and the chipset drivers first. If there were none for Windows 7, then use the Vista drivers.

Did you try installing the fingerprint software from the disk that came with your computer. After you install it, you should be prompted to restart your computer. If those drivers did not work, did you try using these drivers in the compatibility mode? Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit)

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

Rick

January 28th, 2010 13:00

Thank you! I finally got it to do after many attempts.... now I just have to figure out how to get it to work on firefox.... i use to be able to use it there and now the addon will not work. :(

Such simple things can get so tough!

I appreciate your help!

Stephanie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 14:00

Stephanie,

There are no add-on for Mozilla Firefox. My guess it to try contacting Digitalpersona and ask them when they're going to release one.

Rick

No Events found!