Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2017 12:00

Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7?

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3558 laptop. Is there any way that I can downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7?  I can get an install disk, but I'm not sure if the drivers for this will support it.  Thanks!

532 Posts

January 24th, 2017 16:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You can surely go ahead and download windows 7 on your system. We did check the support site and found that there are compatible drivers for Windows 7 64 bit based on the system model. However, to confirm please provide us with the service tag, registered owner’s name and your email address via private message for us to check for more details. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 25th, 2017 01:00

It likely came with Windows 10 Home therefore your UEFI BIOS won't have a System License Internal Certificate and Windows 7 won't activate using Downgrade Rights. You will need a new license.

1 Message

October 3rd, 2018 18:00

Hello,

I have recently purchased my Dell Inspiron 5575 preloaded with Windows 10 and I would like to downgrade the OS to Windows 7.  I have attempted several methods of downgrading the OS all unsuccessfully.  How can I preform the downgrade?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 6th, 2018 11:00

@nick152489 wrote:

Hello,

I have recently purchased my Dell Inspiron 5575 preloaded with Windows 10 and I would like to downgrade the OS to Windows 7.  I have attempted several methods of downgrading the OS all unsuccessfully.  How can I preform the downgrade?

You can't. Microsoft won't let you.

1 Message

July 25th, 2023 09:00

Dear Nick,

It is possible, First you got to buy Windows 7 cd, then boot it via Bios,

The only issue am trying figure, the driver support, The Wifi and the essentials are not compatible with the previous version,

Regards,

No Events found!