LuBert
1 Nickel

E-mail - Outlook Express

I have no color in my e-mail - Outlook Express- Windows XP except black.  I would like to use redue very often in work which I do.  Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Marvin P
4 Germanium

Re: E-mail - Outlook Express

Lubert,

Go to Tools>Options>Font Settings. You can choose a Font color there.

Marvin[6]

0 Kudos
LuBert
1 Nickel

Will give it a try.  Hope it works.  I need especially blue and red for emphasis when doing my work (creating mail) from the O.E. page.
0 Kudos
Denny Denham
6 Thallium

LuBert,

Open the New Message window and make sure that under Format you have selected Rich Text (HTML). That will place a formatting toolbar above the message drafting area.

0 Kudos
LuBert
1 Nickel

Going to Tools doesn't add the color when you create mail.  Try it.  Also the speller does not work on my Outlook Express.  It has been uninstalled and reinstalled and no one has been able to come up with a solution.  This is a new computer......Windows XP and I have Word Perfect.  Several think I must have Microsoft Word for Outlook Express to work properly.  Others doubt this - why would a company sell computers where the program is known to not work.  There must be something else.  Help!
0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

You do need Microsoft's Word, Excel or Powerpoint installed so that MS Outlook Express can use the spell checker. OE cannot use Corel's Word Perfect for spelling. OE does not come with a spell checker of its own--not Dell's fault. Open Help in OE and look up spelling. It says: To check the spelling in messages

Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available.

0 Kudos
JRosenfeld
5 Rhenium

Or you can download spell checker for OE, such as this one

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

or this one

http://www.alcodasoftware.com/spell-magic.htm

Note, I am not endorsing these, they are just two examples I found when I googled for 'spell checker for Outlook Express'. Suggest you do that and choose one you fancy.

Precision Tower 5810, Quadcore Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3, 3700 MHz
RAM:16 GB PC6400 DDR4 SDRAM 1066MHz
HDD: 2x ATA  ST500DM002-1BD14 500GB SATA non RAID
DVD:HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GTA0N SCSI and PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES SCSI
Video: nVIDIA Quadro K4200 PCIe 4GB
Audio: Recon3D PCIe, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 speakers
Monitor: Dell E2011H

7.1 pro sp1 64 bit

0 Kudos
Marvin P
4 Germanium

Lubert,

It works for me. I change the font color under tools and it changes the color in my emails?

Marvin[6]

0 Kudos
LuBert
1 Nickel

Do you have Microsoft Word, Excel, or Power  Point installed on your computer?
0 Kudos
gryjhnhpe
4 Germanium

If you want to have HTML Format  & Toolbar permanently for "Create Mail" use OE , Tools > Options > Send tab , Mail sending format  HTML checked & if you also want to send pictures click on HTML Settings button & tick "Send pictures with message".

Then if you want to change Font color during message click on Toolbar  "A" .
Toolbar for Font color is only active when you click on message Body.

As mentioned before you can download  FREE Spell Checker for XP OE from;
http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

Allow install to create new folder
Use OE "Create Mail" & Right click on 2nd Toolbar & select Customize to add ABC / Spelling
You can also use Inbox >Tools >Options >Spelling to set items.

0 Kudos