Highlighted
Not applicable

Error Code 0x8007045D

I recently tried to do a clean install from the installation disk of Windows 7 and got the error code shown in the title. I understand it is an input-output error, but I am not sure how to go about fixing it, or what exactly the ramifications are.

I am running a Dell Inspiron N5010 with an Intel i3 processor. I am running Linux Mint 11 and Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit. Unfortunately, the Windows partition is currently unusable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Re: Error Code 0x8007045D

Hi jcolen19,

You can perform a Windows 7 Startup Repair that could fix this error. Please follow the steps provided below:

1.Boot the system with the Windows 7 DVD. Press any key when you see the message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD... “

2.Setup will start loading files and will reach the Install Windows page.

3.Choose the Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you would like to use in Windows 7. Click “Next.”

4.Click on the “Repair your computer” link on the bottom-left of the “Install Windows” window. Do not click on Install now.

5.The “System Recovery Options”, the set of tools that contains Startup Repair, will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations. This Windows installation search shouldn't take longer than a few minutes.

6.Choose the Windows 7 installation that you would like to perform the Startup Repair on.

7.Click the "Next" button.

8.In the “Startup Repair Recovery Tool”, click on “Startup Repair.”

9.The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems with important Windows 7 files. If Startup Repair finds a problem with an important operating system file, it may suggest a solution of some kind that you have to confirm or may solve the problem automatically.

10.Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with Windows 7 files. Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process. Do not boot from the Windows 7 DVD on any restart, since the system may restart multiple times.

11.Click the “Finish” button once you see the “Restart your computer” message to complete the repairs window. Now, restart your PC to start Windows 7 normally..

Disclaimer: Performing Windows 7 Startup Repair may disable the Linux boot option. Please try the steps at your own risk. If you need further assistance with Windows 7 re-installation, reply to this message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I should have mentioned. The startup-repair tool reported no problems.

Again, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Hi jcolen19,

Thank you for your reply. You may have to perform a clean install of Windows 7 on your computer to fix the issue. This may remove the copy of Linux Mint along with its partition.

Visit the following link for information on how to perform a clean installation of Windows 7:
http://dell.to/JNvzRJ

**Backup all your data before you perform this operation**

Please reply to this message if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos