Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2005 19:00

Error Message

I've looked on the microsoft site and I just can't find out what is going on. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.On Microsoft support site it says if the software was installed by the comp. manufaturer to contact them ie.Dell what do I need to do.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007041F from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007041F from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 9d086240, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80522c18

2K Posts

December 28th, 2005 21:00

What problem(s) are you experiencing?

6 Posts

December 28th, 2005 23:00

My son was playing his multiplayer online game such as Call of Duty, Battlefield 2 etc. He recieved the blue screen.

28K Posts

December 29th, 2005 01:00

You might want to try a repair installation of Windows XP.  Directions are at:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Steve

6 Posts

December 30th, 2005 00:00

Where do I find the information that this is a major XP problem? What the error info means. I know sometimes it is a conflict issue in something installed or uninstalled . I've checked all the drivers and nortons has repaired some problem files. The computer has run great since. Are you saying when ever you get a blue screen to repair XP. Or do you have specific intel on the error message. I've had a major problem before and all I neded to do was unintall the problem...(TI83 calculator program) I am wanting to know where to go to get the info on the message ie. what program to look at

28K Posts

December 30th, 2005 02:00

I did a Google search on the error message.  I read probably 50 or 60 messages on various forums in the search results with no definitive answers.  Suggestions were made that the error was caused by corrupt Windows files and doing a repair installation might fix it.  Still, most users, after getting this suggestion, never posted back with a response saying whether or not it worked.  After spending a considerable amount of time studying your problem, I decided that rather than wasting another hour of my time, to offer the suggestion of repairing XP.  If that doesn't work, my next suggestion would be for you to use your time searching Google for an answer.

Steve

6 Posts

December 30th, 2005 17:00

I do thank you very much for your time. I did the same before I posted with the same results as you.  When I asked the question . Where should I look to find out.Not that someone turn into my research assistant. I also did searches on where do you go to get what the error message means. Like where at Microsoft. I thought there may be a computer expert that may read this or a Dell expert etc. And if they specifically know that they would respond. I would hope most people goole do all the web searches and check other forms. Then post a question, in case someone knows the answer...already. This is my first post ever in all the years of computer use.. I can't fathom someone would post without doing everything else first. Maybe that is the case since you have been posting since 1999. I am very sorry to have taken up your time. If I ever post again I will make it CLEAR to respond only if the person KNOWS the problem and to specifically tell all the searches I've done.

2K Posts

December 30th, 2005 21:00

Microsoft has groups that you can ask.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx

Jusr copy and paste the address above.

6 Posts

December 31st, 2005 00:00

Thank You so much for the direction to look in. I appreciate it
No Events found!