ATI 128M.B.HYPER Mem PCI-E X16 X300SE.DIM
ATI TV Wonder Elite PCI
19" FP
Sigma-Tel Intergrated Audio 7.1 channel
Logitech G15 Keyboard
DVD-/+RW & DVD-ROM
Pertelian X2040 ForeSight Systems LCD information Display
Dell 944 AIO Printer

All of a sudden for no reason I can think of everytime I start Windows XP ,a folder opens upon the completion of Bootup ? The folder is C:/Program Files /Dell ,can anyone please tell me how to stop this fron happening ? I checked folder options and did not see anything that would make this happen ,I set the folder options back to Default settings hoping that would stop this from taking place ,still opens upon statup ,I looked in the startup folder and in MSCONFIG and do not see what can be causing this ? Can someone please help me stop this folder from opening upon startup ! The contents of the folder are 3 other folders, Media Exprience -Resource CD-System Profilier ! Iam stumped as to why this suddenly started to happen ? Any help appreciated !
                                                                            Thank You ,Gumba Nick 

2.7K Posts

December 28th, 2007 12:00

There are a few different causes for this

In msconfig it can be memcard.exe (which comes with software for ma Dell AIO Printer)

Check msconfig anyway
Start/Run and type in
msconfig
OK
Startup Tab
Keep the page open then go to one of the links below. They will tell you what all the entries are and whether you can disable them or not. They will also identify any malware.  Disable everything which is not needed to run at start up

Read the Key at top of page. Use the Search box to check all your entries
Also look for the entries for Dell Support or dsca.exe

When you reboot you will get a message saying you have started in "Selective Startup"  Click "Don`t show this message again" then OK

373 Posts

December 29th, 2007 13:00

Thank You denedin,
              I copied your links you provided me with it always good to hve somewhere to check startup items listed in MSCONFIG ! I actaully dragged and dropped the Dell foldr to another location removing it from progrgam files ,I recieved warning that this may cause some of my apps to not work correctly and sure enough I tried opening Cine Player and it would not open ,even after doing a reair from the control panell ,add/remove programs Cine Player ,remove chage ,insert CD ? It said my version of Cine player had been repaired ,however when I double click on desktop icon no action to pen app ,not even listed in Start progams list from taskbar ? It seems I have a whole lot of trouble with this setup of Windows XP Iam posting my boot.ini file ,Hoping that gives some kinfd of info as to why Iam suddenly havigh problems with my PC as far as this polder opening ? Even after moving it ,it appears another instance of this folder user my user name in now opening ? What a mess !
                                                                                              Thanks Nick
No Events found!