Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2015 06:00

How to get video after "Starting Windows" animated progress screen on XPS 435T 9000

This out of warranty XPS system had been running Vista Home Premium before it began failing to boot with 0xc000000d error. I "fixed" this issue by using a Win7 boot disk to locate & repair Windows -- which I think only corrected something in the boot sequence.  Since then, the main problem is that when I start windows normally the boot progress animation bar displays, but when that goes away the screen is blank and remains that way - eventually the monitor goes into power save mode, indicating no video is being sent.  At this point I have not option but to power cycle the system.

The original disk have been lost.

Investigation steps:

• After power cycleI get the Windows Error Recovery screen and can boot into safe mode, where everything looks fine.
  • I can use F12 after power-up to run Pre-Boot Tests without any problem -- including the hi-res video tests, so I know the video-card (ATI Radeon HD 4350) is working okay.  I ran all tests and found no errors in any of them.

Any guidance on getting video after windows loads will be helpful.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 26th, 2015 09:00

Windows Vista is obsolete. Install Windows 10130 Insider Preview and use it as a stepping stone to get Windows 10 Pro for free. See here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-%e2%86%92-windows-10-free-upgrade/

No Events found!