Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2013 10:00

I have installed a new hard drive for Inspiron N5110 but have no driver disks and recovery disk has failed

~Hi,

As the subject line says, I have just installed a new hard drive for my Inspiron N5110. I do not have any driver disks and the back-up disk I made has failed - probably due to the same fault that required me to replace the hard drive.

My laptop is running Windows 7 but I only have a Vista disk. I have loaded this but it does not recognise my hardware. I am unable to connect to the Internet etc.

Any advice on what I can do?

G

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 30th, 2013 15:00

Follow my Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean install of Windows 7:

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

This will instruct you in clean installation of Windows 7 using a downloadable .iso from Digital River (Microsoft's Online Partner). It will also instruct in the product activation and the installation of drivers.

January 4th, 2014 14:00

HI,

Not much help I'm afraid. I do not have the disks that the guide requires ("This guide requires heavily on the availability and use of Dell Reinstallation DVDs") nor do I have access to the internet.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 4th, 2014 15:00

In that case you have to call Dell Technical Support and request a Reinstallation DVD from them.

As the recovery partition has failed, you cannot install Windows without either downloading a Digital River .iso (Unofficial) or having a Dell Windows 7 Reinstallation DVD (official).

No Events found!