Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2013 01:00

I need to reinstall Dell Data Protection Encryption V7 for Win 7 x64 - Where can I find media?

I am getting BSODs with one of the DDPE components: CmgPCS.SYS on my Precision M4700. When I try to remove it, it tells me that it was incorrectly installed (I didn't install it) and there is no setup file. I have not been able to locate a link to the download for this software amongst the Dell Drivers and Applications, except for a newer version that does not run.

I have had a call open for a week on this with a guy who thinks it is a hardware problem (the system passes diagnostics). All I need is a link to the original kit so I can download and retry it. My Dell Downloads does not recognise my service tag although the machine is new.

Please just give me the link!!!!

August 28th, 2013 02:00

Hi hajk,

Please find the drivers from this link
http://dell.to/1aOPl2p

Also I would like to know if you purchased the system through Dell or from retailers that sells Dell computers. In case you purchased through retailers, you may click on the link below to register your computer.

http://bit.ly/KrYSyF
Points to be noted while registering for My Dell Downloads:

1) You should only use Internet Explorer to register or for creating account but can use IE or Mozilla for downloading after successful registration.

2) In order to download the Software successfully all IE users need Microsoft .NET Framework version “ 3.5 SP1 “ as minimum requirement Please install the Microsoft.net framework version 3.5 SP 1 using the following link:

http://bit.ly/13w0n   

3) Please right click on the IE icon and then click on 'run as administrator'

4) The Active-x component should be allowed to run.

5) First allow to show hidden folders and then delete everything in the apps/2.0 Folder i.e. C:\Users\Customer_Login_Name _Folder\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
Let me know if this helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance

14 Posts

August 28th, 2013 15:00

The system was purchased from Dell Germany. I go into 32-bit IE as requested, run as Administrator with Active-X enabled). Whatever country I enter, Germany (for where I bought it, UK or US to get English dialogues) after clicking the Register System button I get "Service Tag is not supported". The system is known to Dell for the Driver downloads though.

The DDPE 7.2.2 drivers are not available on the link you have given. The specific driver for the encryption accelerator is there but not the package. DDPA is there but not DDPE which came preinstalled on the system. I have downloaded the DDPE 8.0.1 drivers are up elsewhere but it claims that I have no entitlements to run it in Personal mode (which is what was paid for).

September 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hi HAJK

Thanks for the update Please private message me your service tag to help you further. To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

October 29th, 2013 14:00

I'm having the same problem.  What is the link for the DDPE package so that I can reinstall it? 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

October 29th, 2013 23:00

Finally got it de-installed.  The trick was to turn off UAC before performing the de-install. 

No Events found!