Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2007 03:00

Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller...

• Errr sorry for double posting this (I have no Idea how I did that :S )    I'm trying to install Vista premium, and after the compatability check finishes, I get the following message:
    • Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices:
      • SCSI and RAID controllers: Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller

I'm not really sure what this means.... could someone help me out please? thanks :)

Message Edited by Sorge on 02-01-2007 11:47 PM

Message Edited by Sorge on 02-01-2007 11:48 PM

429 Posts

February 2nd, 2007 04:00

I have the same Raid controller on my desktop.  In order to install Vista...be prepared to F6 and use the latest version of the Intel Matrix drivers released for the 82801ER...Intel has NOT upgraded the drivers since June 2006.  Ever since Intel went to ICH7R, the older ICH5R's have been thrown into the trash heap.  That's why no more driver updates.    Version 5.5.0.1035.  Go to www.intel.com and download the specified drivers.  Create the install diskette and be prepared. 

BTW...the drivers work great with Vista...I am typing on my desktop now...in Raid 0 and my hard drive benchmarks in Vista out of a total score of 6 is a 5.9. 

I hope this helps...

26 Posts

February 2nd, 2007 11:00

Ok, so I save these drivers to a diskette, and then restart my computer and hit F6 when it's loading up?

429 Posts

February 2nd, 2007 12:00

Go Here:

Choose either the 865 or 875 family...which is your chipset

It is the floppy drive configurator.  You put a floppy in the drive and it creates a driver disk for you.  I am hoping that you have a full version of Vista...just boot to it.  Hit any key to boot into the DVD.  Then start installing Vista.  It will keep installing until it looks for a drive to install to.  The box comes up empty...hit more options.  Search for a driver...put in your driver disk.  It will recognize 82801ER Raid Conrtroller...hit enter...keep going.  20 minutes later you're in Vista

Bob

Message Edited by Bobmitmen on 02-02-2007 08:41 AM

26 Posts

February 2nd, 2007 22:00

Ahhh!   Ok that's going to be a problem then, because I bought the vista premium 'upgrade'   :S

4 Posts

February 3rd, 2007 02:00

this  worked for ME , I did it with Vista upgrade, you do not need the full version.
you will have to do a clean install so backup all your stuff.
only thing I had to do is update MY sound card drivers from the sound blaster web page.

works great , love it.

1 Message

February 27th, 2007 04:00

Im having this same problem. You must make the following changes before installing Windows Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices: SCSI and RAID controllers: Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller ..... Ive tried downloading the Disk Driver F6 thing but i dont think im doing anything right. Im not very computer iliterate so if anyone can explain how to fix this problem to me that would be a great help thnks

2 Posts

June 9th, 2007 21:00

Did you ever get yours figured out???   I have the same issue.

2 Posts

June 9th, 2007 21:00

HELP!

I am having this same error.

I have a DELL XP Gen 2 w/ Windows XP.  I downloaded the "Ultimate" Vista upgrade from the Microsoft website, and now every time I try to install the upgrade I get this error telling me:

You must close windows and contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these drivers:  SCSI and RAID Controllers:  INTEL (R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller

Now...I have spent hours and hours on this and can't figure out how to do it.  I have done "donwload detective" and "driveragent.com" and downloaded upgrades for the intel driver, but i still get the same message.

HELP!  I just usually buy things, upgrade them w/ easy instructions.  I am NOT a techy. 

Can someone please help?  I just threw $250 bucks away I fear.

429 Posts

June 10th, 2007 00:00

OK...

Here's how to get it working.  First of all...the XP drivers are the ONLY drivers available.  They do work with Vista.  You want to create the floppy with the drivers on them.  Then, while installing Vista you hit F6 and insert the floppy...that's how it's done.  I did a clean install of Vista and had no problems using the XP drivers.  Intel never released Vista drivers...guess the XP ones still worked fine.

Go to the url I posted earlier.  See if you can find the "create floppy" exe...that is the one you want

Bob
No Events found!