Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2003 15:00

Intellysync for MSN Folder keeps starting on start-up

Every time i log into windows, a folder "intellisync for msn" keeps opening. I know what is causing the problem but haven't figured out how to stop it.

It is interfering with Micosoft works start-up "wkdetect.exe" When i remove "wkdetect.exe" the problem goes away. But whenever i open Word or anything related to works, it puts back the "wkdetect.exe".

I have "intellisync for MSN" at work too but not "works". So therefore i don't have this problem:)

I have xp home at home and professional at work.

I have tried uninstalling and installing. Nothing is in the start-up folder when "wkdetect.exe" is running. I even tried going to msconfig and start-up tab and unchecked but it still comes back.

I am thinking that msworks needs the file.

Would greatly appreciate if some one could help me.

Also i would hope the problem can be fixed w/o removing works or intellisync for MSN.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 20th, 2003 19:00

Works doesn't really need this file and you have to open Works and customize your startup preferences to prevent it from loading. Go to Customize in Works and remove the check from Notify me of Updates.

November 21st, 2003 01:00

I had already done that. It doesn't work.

December 3rd, 2003 14:00

For now i just renamed the intellisync for msn folder so it stops. Kind of like what you can do to windows messenger in xp pro to keep it from loading up.

I hope some one can help me cuz it will be a pain renaming everytime i want to use it.

409 Posts

December 4th, 2003 16:00

I'm not familiar with Inellysync, but I assume it is a program for synchronizing files and/or folders.  If so, have you considered using a different synchronizing program to see if that will get around your problem?  Look at the "Replicator" download from Karen's Power Tools.  http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

December 9th, 2003 02:00

So this is what i ended up doing. A new version of Intellisync for MSN came out. Didn't solve the problem. So this is what i did. While i was reinstalling, after uninstalling, I changed the default install folder from c:\program files\microsoft\intellisync for msn to c:\program files\microsoft intellisync for msn and WALLA, it worked! I had a feeling it had something to do with the folder being called microsoft.
No Events found!