Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 12th, 2003 01:00

McAfee and task scheduler

When I attempt to setup online scan and auto update I get an "error has occurred on this script page".  The task shceduler is not running  mcp://c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\vsoui.dll:magvprop.htm.  I also tried to set this up by going directly into task scheduler from control panel and it will not work.  Can't set up any tasks.  ??

18.8K Posts

August 12th, 2003 03:00

Lhardware,

Are you scheduling your tasks using an account which has a password? That is required in order to use the task scheduler.

175 Posts

August 12th, 2003 07:00

I was having the same problem when I uninstalled McAfee and installed NSW2002. Auto-scan would not run without a password using XP. Found out that Symantec required a password when using the task scheduler for thr 2002 version. I uninstalled 2002 and installed NSW2003 and now all functions work in the task scheduler without requiring a password. Have never used a password to log on to my system as adminstrator.
Dell Dim 4550 2.66
768mb rdram
60gb hd
Gainward 128mb GF4 TI4200 video card
NSW2003
NIS2003
Win XP SP1

3 Posts

August 12th, 2003 10:00

I attempted to set up a password but I am not sure it executed.  I cannot set McAfee up to auto scan or auto update through the McAfee configuration or through task scheduler.  I also tried to set up another application to auto run (adware6) and it would not work also.  I got the same script error.

3 Posts

August 13th, 2003 01:00

Set up a password and no go.  Can't schedule any task.  Discovered when McAfee was not running when scheduled and auto updating.

9 Posts

August 28th, 2003 16:00

I am having the same problem and have not yet found any help.   Working with McAfee, I removed and re-installed their software, but the problem continues.    Would appreciate the solution if anyone has it or finds it.

54 Posts

January 6th, 2004 06:00

I am having the same issue with McAfee and the task scheduler!!!  I have been working on it since I bought my new DELL Dimension 8300 in September.  As soon as I unistall McAfee I can run a scheduled task and as soon as I reinstall McAfee no task is run.  Not even the automatic scheduled system virus scan.  I have been on line with McAfee tech support at least 8 times and with Dell many times.  Dell had me reinstall the OS thinking the task scheduler was corrupt, well it isn't.  It is some issue with McAfee.  I was thinking of trying Norton Anti Virus.  Most of my friends who are running XP have no trouble with their task schedulers.

If any one has any input let me know.  I wish McAfee would address this issue!

Linda~

9 Posts

January 6th, 2004 10:00

I still have the problem with McAfee and the task scheduler.   I must remember to run virus scan periodically....very frustrating.   I am also considering switching to Norton because McAfee clearly does not care to fix the issue.

186 Posts

January 6th, 2004 12:00

I had a similar problem when installing McAfee Internet Security on my parent's machine at Christmas (one of many problems upgrading McAfee - yuck!)

I used the McAfee on-line chat support, and they provided these links which resolved the problem for me:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264522

http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?rurl=http%3A//ts.mcafeehelp.com/displaydoc.asp&rqs=frames%3D1%26docid%3D70557%26CategoryId%3D243

Note: on the McAfee link, they had me start at step 3.  Step 4 was the one that resolved it for me, although the page has a disclaimer that it may not work for everyone.

Message Edited by AllynKC on 01-06-2004 06:50 AM

No Events found!