Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2007 08:00

Mcafee`s Security Centre, Compatibilty with Vista

Hi Pals
I have updated my XP MCE 2005 to VIsta Home premium via Dell Express upgrade.
So far every thing seems to be under control or  simply say brought up to normal after long struggle.....but except the following issues:

Mcafee Security Centre (by default with XP MCE) was playing up...some times the M icon in the sys tray appears black or some times poping error message that Proxy has been stopped working which is related to Mcafee personal firewall plus,...armed with in this suite)....And finally I managed to uninstall (very long story) this programme and replace with VISTA Windows Live OneCare (providing 90 days free trail at http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm)

This One care has disabled Vista`s default firewall and Defender programmes as well, due to conflicts.

Secondly, I have DMA settings on TSSTCorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A optical drive. This worked fine previously with XP I tried to manage that with some Google support and forums and found that this was an issue sometimes when Advanced TAB was missing in the properties of the drive showing only General- Hardware- Sharing -Customize - and Recording Tabs. There should be another TAB called Advanced where DMA settings will be.

Any Ideas where I am wrong? or any suggestions or patches....will be highly apprecitaed.

13 Posts

May 11th, 2007 08:00

Sorry Guys I forget to introduce the configurations of my DELL system purchased early this Year...If relevent

One more thing I would like to add is that I am getting Windows Advanced Networking Application Stopped working.

Secondly when Play MP3 songs in MCE or any programme, the audio distorts for 4 to 5 secs with in the last 20 secs of every track

(D01XP2105-XPS 210)

Dell Dimension 9200C/XPS210 with ViiV Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13GHz ,1066MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)Dell VISTA Home Premium (just upgrade from XP MCE 2005)
2GB DDR2 667
320GB SATA Hard Drive 7200RPM
ATI Radeon X1300 Pro Half Height Graphics card 256MB
Dell UltraSharp 22" Wide LCD Monitor

TSSTCorp 8X DVD+-RW TS-H553A

DVD 5.5 Power software

Sonic Software of for DVD/RW+R

Integrate dAudio with Dolby 7.1 Capability

TV tuner Integrated Hybrid(Analog/Hybrid) PCIex1 & Remote Control

13 in 1 Media Card Reader

55 Posts

May 11th, 2007 09:00

I had no problems with the McAfee software that was installed on my E521 for a 30-day trial period.  At the end of that period I attempted to install Avast which caused a BSOD.  Then I reverted back to McAfee, including Virus Scan and firewall, as it is included in our monthly Comcast Highspeed Internet contract.  It is working fine with Vista.  Folks say it is resource intensive, but it hasn't caused me any problems.  It seems to be providing the computer protection that I need.

May 11th, 2007 17:00

Try AVG Antivirus its a really good antivirus program its also free. Here's the link to download it http://www.free-download-place.com/AVG/index.asp?camp=fdz&affid=33&ban=127&dp=132&s=AVG&googleid=1060204444

138 Posts

May 12th, 2007 13:00

McAfee runs ok with Vista but would run alot better without the Security Ctr which you automatically get when downloading from Comcast. I tried Norton2007 free trial and thought that ran better then McAfee.Microsofts Live One Care offers a 90 day trial it's ok except for the messages you get if you choose to change security or update settings.

Kaspersky6.0.2.621 beats them all

May 18th, 2007 21:00

My E-510 came with McAfee installed. When I dual booted with XP & Vista I uninstalled McAfee and installed a security suite that I had that wasn't Vista ready. I installed McAffee in Vista. No problems with security. Don't install from the disk but log in to McAfee and go to your account and down load it fom there. I hope this helps.
No Events found!